Brooklyn Studio serves over 900 students in grade 6-12. Although many of our students come from the surrounding neighborhood, we are NOT a ZONED school; students are not admitted to our school based on where they live.
Students can apply to our school in the 5th grade or in the 8th grade for admission the following school year as a 6th grade student or an 8th grade student, respectively.
For Prospective 6th Grade Students
We are a Limited Unscreened school, which means that students are randomly selected and admissions priority is given to students who demonstrate interest in our school by attending an information session, school tour, or open house event or by visiting a table at the Middle School Fair.
You MUST SIGN IN at one of these events to receive PRIORITY. The school DOES NOT see the student’s academic information when you apply.
For Prospective 9th Grade Students
For Fall 2017 admission, we offer three programs: one program for continuing 8th grade students, and two Educational Option programs for all other 8th grade students.
Educational Option is an Admissions Method under which
- the school can see the student’s academic record at the time of application
- seats are reserved for students with high, medium, and low NYS ELA and Math test scores
- half of the seats are filled by students who are ranked by the school
- half of the seats are filled randomly
For Fall 2017, the programs offered for New Students are:
Admissions Priorities for New Students
- District 21 students or residents
- Brooklyn students or residents
- New York City residents
We currently do not offer 10th Grade Seats.